Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year – Start of New Products

Well Happy New Year everyone.

I have decided to start my new year this time by being more productive than I normally am in the cold winter months.

I will try for more regular posts on the blog. As well will post each new product as it is developed and produced.

This year I am going to do some fused glass picture frames, fused glass desk clocks, fused glass switch plates etc.

The first sample produced today is the set of four fused glass magnets contained in a metal tin. Each fused glass magnet is approx 3/4  of an inch square. I had some of the regular craft magnets but have replaced them with the very strong earth magnets. These definitely will not fall off by accident.

This particular set is done with 2 layers of fused glass and taken to a full fuse. Others will be tacked fused. They will be fun to do and package.

DSCN1422

 

DSCN1424

 

DSCN1427

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marg,
Just finished a post on my blog and just realized you were one of my followers! I signed up to your s now too! Just wondering which is the blog you had mentionned to me in Baddeck about artists? I'd like to follow that one as well and be part of it if I can.

Marg said...

Hi Paula
The site we talked about is
www.capebretonartisans.blogspot.com
If you go there and contact Janet through her blog "Scarf a Day" she will include you on the list.

Marg